Alley Traffic Speed Bumps
Alley bumps were developed specifically to address speeding and cut-through traffic in city alleyways. They slow cars to a stop. There is much community activity in an alley, ranging from bicycle traffic to garage sales, and even neighborhood get togethers. The city of Chicago has 1,926 miles of alleys - the largest in the United States!
Constructed from 100% recycled tires, alley bumps are preformed to ensure a smooth, safe ride. The Alley Bump's flexible design conforms to the contour of virtually any road surface. The bumps are simple to install and can be easily removed for storage or relocation. They are pre-drilled for anchoring spikes or lag bolts. Designed to withstand extreme temperature variations, the bumps are resistant to moisture, oil, and ultraviolet light. They will not warp, crack, chip, or rot.
Molded highly reflective tape ensures that the alley bumps are visible even on a dark night. Cat's eye reflectors further enhance visibility to alert drivers well in advance. The bumps have a channeled bottom to facilitate drainage as well as to cover cabling or piping.
The Alley Bump is available in 4' and 6' lengths, including end caps to protect the bump ends as well as vehicles. Our rubber alley bumps are covered by a 3 year warranty.
Alley bumps are:
- Made of 100% recycled rubber
- Long lasting and cost efficient
- Reduces speed to 1-5 mph
- High visibility at night
- Simple installation
- Product can be installed in sections to create varying lengths
- Will not warp, crack, chip or rot
- Can be installed on any road surface
- Resistant to ultraviolet light, moisture, oil, and extreme temperatures
- Temporary or permanent installation
- Channeled bottom for cabling and piping
- Lowers insurance premiums for lot owners
- Maintenance free
- 3 year warranty
- Side streets
- Narrow residential streets with hidden entrances